What is a House Concert?
A great house concert is a collaboration between the artist, a host/presenter, and their friends. It’s open to many variations but most house concerts are:
- Held indoors and on weekends
- Attended by 20-50 people
- Paid for by a $10-$20 donation per guest (to the performer)
- Include light snacks, beverages or a pot-luck dinner
- Attended by the host’s friends, neighbors, co-workers, and maybe a few fans of the artist
- Attended by a 25-60 age group
- Performed by solo acts, duos and small groups
- Performed with a very little sound system or no amplification
- Performed in two, 40 minute sets with a 20-minute break
- Known to house and feed the artist for the night
Concert’s in Your Home is a great site full of helpful information for both hosts and artists and offers a free HOW TO HOST A HOUSE CONCERT guide. You can find it here.
CLICK HERE to read the American Way article on House Concerts
To book Brad Wells for your next house concert please contact booking(at)bradwellsmusic(.) com
You can also book securely through GigSalad